Monday, September 03, 2007

Passing People

Finally got sorted out and moved into the new apartment. I must say for the record, this time I’ve certainly outdone myself. One reason is that it actually does look better than my abode in Singapore! I don’t think my mum would be amuse to read this, knowing full well that she would be parting with quite a handsome sum to allow me to indulge myself. Anyway, as they say, ‘all work but no play makes Jack a dull boy’. So yes mum, I think good accommodation does partially equate to better results!

Last night while I was about to go to sleep, with my head rested on my pillow (as such my head was held inverted to its surroundings), I set eyes (albeit rather blurry) upon one of the most beautiful scenes I’ve seen. As my bed lies adjacent to the open window, I held in full view the apartments across the block, which was separated against mine by a rose garden. Usually, these apartments look like what it is, a block of apartments. However, last night was slightly different. With my head rested on my pillow, I saw the world in inversion. The stacks of concrete which I was so used to seeing now played itself into a metamorphosis of a shimmering vision from years past – a towering beacon with lights illuminating from its every niche, festooned from under the rock solid earth. Haha, I might be getting way ahead of myself here. I certainly did think about it, and I knew full well that in those little bright illuminating niches, laid an individual like myself. I see him or her everyday, on the streets, as passing people. Now, in my deep sodden solitude, these little glimmering niches were in possession of these very passing people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hotel New World Survivor 1986 said...

Gerald, we are glad that you settled into a place which you are happy with. Money is not as important as your happiness. Though we have to spend more but this is necessary and it your needs and not your wants. So dun worry too much on the financial part, just focus on your objective in Vancouver and strive towards your goals. Dad and Mum love you always.

Saturday, November 3, 2007 at 7:03:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home