Saturday, September 08, 2007

First Friday

It is officially the end of the first week in school.

I must say that things are going quite well, well as in some sense of the word. Aside from the hustle and bustle of rushing between lectures and tutorials (which I find excruciatingly irritating), and my 'girly' pursuits, things are well and fine. Things are well and fine indeed, I actually got to see Peter Singer in real person. Singer is a prominent Philosopher, and some would argue activist, who argues that we in the developed world are morally obligated to alleviate poverty. He goes to the extent of suggesting that we should part with a huge chunk of our income (to the extent where it isn’t maladaptive) to bring about the latter. I’ll leave that as that, but it was a great experience to actually see for myself a formal lecture such as this.

I’ve got an essay due next week, another the week after, and..Cheer up bloke, it is the start of the academic year.. Sorry for the abrupt ending but yeah, that’s the theme. The rush of abruptness in it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home