Monday, May 12, 2008

It is great to be home. Over the past week, life has been good. The bottomless binging, the over indulgent shopping, the royal treatment one gets at home - all this is all too much to ask for. Right now, I am currently running a massive deficit of Bush administration proportions. Thankfully, I have the most doting relations to bail me out of my exploits. Moreover, unlike the Chinese and Japanese, I do not even need to pay them back a single dime, much less with interest For all this, I'm grateful for I know it's their little way of saying that they are really glad to see me alive and well and I guess I can only make non binding promises that I'll return the favor some day. 

This little vacation is so much more than an R&R. It is a time to look back, and reflect as to what has gone right or wrong. In terms of academic wise, the grades were pretty good and all, but I guess on the social side of things, I failed miserably. I unwittingly allowed myself to be bogged down with the troubles with and within the apartment and allowed those issues to take a personal toll on my relationships with others. Furthermore, I got stuck more often than not within my comfort zone. All this has to change for the next sem, which would be my third, which I'll strive to attain a more balanced outlook towards all matters. For starters, I have made a definitive decision to live alone. It wouldn't be exactly the most economical decision, but one which will entail more personal space and hopefully, that will trickle down to effecting other matters as well. 

Till then, I guess it'll mean more food and shopping. Part of this enterprise has lead to a new addition to my inventory. Right now, I'm blogging this entry in the all new 'sultry' Macbook, all 13 inches of it, with all the additional gizmos and specifications which I will fascinate myself with, albeit while the fascination lasts. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home